As a church affiliated with the National Assemblies
of God, we adhere to the beliefs set forth by the
General Assembly. These beliefs can be summarized
in 16 Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God.
These are nonnegotiable
tenets of faith that all Assemblies of God churches
adhere to. The following list list is derived from
the official Statement of Fundamental Truths. To see
the full, uncondensed list, please visit http://www.ag.org/top/beliefs/truths.cfm.
Four of these, Salvation,
the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, Divine Healing, and
the Second Coming of Christ are considered Cardinal
Doctrines which are essential to the church's core
mission of reaching the world for Christ.
Truths of the Assemblies of God
- WE BELIEVE...The Scriptures are Inspired by God
and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE...There is only One True God–revealed
in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
(commonly known as the Trinity).
- WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man Willingly
Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both
physical and spiritual, into the world.
- WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship
with God Through 'Salvation' (accepting Christ's
offer of forgiveness for sin). [1 of 4 cardinal
doctrines of the A/G]
- WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances—(1)
Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's
sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and
(2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic
remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for
- WE BELIEVE...the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is
a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers
believers for witnessing and effective service,
just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal
doctrines of the A/G]
- WE BELIEVE... The Initial Physical Evidence of
the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking
in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of
Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the
- WE BELIEVE...Sanctification Initially Occurs at
Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer
is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process
of separating from evil as believers continually
draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
- WE BELIEVE...The Church has a Mission to seek
and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the
Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the
people who, throughout time, have accepted God's
offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination)
through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE...A Divinely Called and Scripturally
Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church.
The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership
must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ,
to worship Him with other believers, and to build
up or edify the body of believers–the Church.
- WE BELIEVE...Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege
for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ's
atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for
our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
- WE BELIEVE...in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus
Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth
(the second coming). At this future moment in time
all believers who have died will rise from their
graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians
who are alive will be caught up with them, to be
with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines
of the A/G]
- WE BELIEVE...in The Millennial Reign of Christ
when Jesus returns with His saints at His second
coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth
for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation
of Israel will recognize and accept Him as the Messiah,
the Savior who died for them and all mankind.
- WE BELIEVE...A Final Judgment Will Take Place
for those who have rejected Christ. They will be
judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment
in a punishing lake of fire.
- WE BELIEVE...and look forward to the perfect New
Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing
for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him.
We will live and dwell with Him there forever following
His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we
forever be with the Lord!'